Co-Active® First 90 Days Coaching
First 90 day Coaching is offered within the first 90 days of the promotion of the new manager and is performed in 6 times for 60 minutes.
As a manager climbs the managerial ladder his/her style of leadership has to change and their leadership abilities have to increase. In junior positions leadership is more about managing relationships, production and timing; whereas in senior positions leadership is about strategy, profit and communication.
New Management roles require both new behaviour and new intellectual ability. It is important for the newly promoted manager to have access to a coach who can help them to adapt to change which will enable them to lead effectively. A newly appointed manager being well coached will learn exactly what he needs to know and have the opportunity, between coaching sessions, to try out leadership development strategies to make sure that they work for him. In this way his sense of self-security grows as he improves his performance.
For a newly promoted manager there is a great need to develop effective leadership habits which can be:
• Avoiding micro-managing-(the most often mistake of newly promoted managers)
• Ability delegate the right work to the right people
• Being able to provide effective feedback
• Effective time management
• Being able to face tough people and situations with confidence
• Understand the importance of coaching and apply it
• Communicate effectively with their staff
• Ability to influence others
• Maintain quality and achieving results from their team
• Identify the strengths and weaknesses of their team, providing appropriate support
Through our First 90 Day Coaching we aim to “Make a smooth transition into management for the newly promoted talents”